What Is Facebook Dating?
When Will Facebook Dating Launch?
How Does Facebook Dating Work?
- •It will only be available to users 18+ in the U.S. or the adult equivalent in their country
- •For now, the feature is mobile only
- •Users won’t match with friends, only friends of friends or strangers
- •Only others who have opted into Facebook Dating can view you
- •No pictures will be able to be sent between matches
- •It will be an add-on feature, similar to ‘marketplace,’ not its own app
- •It will be separate from the regular Facebook profile and only show first name and age, eliminating any chance of stalking
Setting Up Facebook Dating
Some preference on Facebook Dating:— Jane Manchun Wong (@wongmjane) July 7, 2018
Children: Has Kids, No Kids
Gender: Man, Woman, Trans Man, Trans Woman, Non Binary
Privacy: All, No Mutual Friends, Mutual Friends Only (lol)
Religion: Agnostic, Atheist, Buddhist, Catholic, Christian, Hindu, Jewish, Muslim, Sikh, Spiritual
How To Put Facebook Dating Into Action
As of now, it’s unknown how Facebook Dating intends to use its user data to its advantage. It may be as simple as suggesting top you people who have similar interests, or it might even create a criterion of your “type” based on past relationships. The options are limitless.
How Is Facebook Dating Different From Tinder?
The other big difference is that as of yet, Facebook has no plans to monetize the feature. What that means is that there are no plans for paid subscriptions or add-on features. On top of that, Facebook swears to no ads being shown on the platform, keeping it strictly for finding meaningful connections.
So what do you think about Facebook Dating? Are you going to give it a try? If you’re using Tinder as well as wanting to try this upcoming feature out, check out our list of unknown ways to get more matches